Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Smith Mountain Lake State Park

Judy and I have only one more night here at Smith MTN Lake SP so I wanted to devote a little blog space to it. The park is situated a little south of and between Roanoke and Lynchburg, VA. I used to fish its crystal clear waters during my summers off from teaching when Judy and I lived in Bedford, VA. I did feel a small amount of guilt during those summers when I was out on my bass boat and Judy was stuck at work dealing with high finances of the banking world.

Here are a few pics





The park is a great place to relax and enjoy beautiful scenery and tranquility.  Like all the Virginia State Parks I have been to it is well maintained and highly rated.  In the fall it is surrounded by gorgeous foliage. Judy and I are here about three weeks early for that show.  The RV sites are spacious and level.  The camp host here, Tommy and Barbara have been excellent host. They have been fulltimers since 2003.  They will be leaving for St. Cloud, FL. in Nov. 

Smith Mountain Lake SP "Host" Tommy and Barbara

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Next Blog: Sat

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a beautiful place and spacious and level sites are another bonus. Stop by and see us on the way down.

    ReplyDelete