Saturday, September 28, 2013

CAX Fall Bash 2013

Wednesday when we "checked-in at the Cheatham Annex  (CAX) RV Park at the Morale and Welfare  (MWR) office, Bill invited Judy and I to the "CAX Fall Bash" scheduled for Friday evening. Judy and I always like to partake in a "Good Tme" so we told Bill he would see us there.

We have enjoyed all the improvements of the new RV Park . I could get spoiled on cable, wifi, full hook-ups and a modern  laundromat .  As Judy and I toured the base including a look at the OLD RV area, Judy reminded me of our first visit here, twenty three years ago!  At the time we did not have a camper.  MWR had a couple of  "pop-ups" set up for week-end rental by sailors. When I made the reservation,s I was informed that I could  rent a  "cabin" there for just a few dollars more. As it turned out, Judy and I were the first campers to rent the new cabin - a small single wide mobile home. Yep, it is still there, not looking as new. As soon as we saw it Judy explained all the details down to the smell of the new carpet. How do women remember such insignificant details?

The Cabin


We had a fun time at the CAX Fall Bash last evening. The food was worth standing in line for. There were lots of things for kids to do and a chance to meet new friends, like Barbara and Butch. The DJ played good tunes and the fire was awesome on this cool evening. I was informed that MWR puts on this type of event for the RV Park three times each year (Spring, Summer, and Fall). For the readers not familiar with area, CAX is located in the historical triangle of Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. Busch Gardens, and Water Country USA are also located within a few miles.

CAX FALL Bash 2013


Judy always finds the food line

Activities to keep the kids busy


Judy with Barbara and Butch (retired Air Force)


Around the Bon Fire

Welcome to new followers, Jean and Pete. That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Next Blog: Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment