Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thanks!


It was about six  years ago that Judy and I first began to think seriously about totally changing our way of life.  In our first blog entry I shared our experience of meeting a host couple at Appomattox State Park in VA. from Wisconsin. The conversations we had with them  were most likely the source of  us eventually thinking about full-time RVing.  We certainly did not know it at the time.  Fast forward to 2007, our change of life plan was “firming up”. Judy and I were on the same sheet of paper so to speak. We had no idea of the ins and outs of a life on the road so our research period began. I don’t want to bore anyone with all the details but I do want to acknowledge a few of the people that have positively impacted us; Gordon and Juanita, Howard and Linda, Joe & Nancy, and Peter.  There are many others who share their RV knowledge and experiences anonymously on the many RV forums I read. The personal blogs that we read are also great sources of information and encouragement. Thanks to all.

Judy and I only know Juanita and Gordon through their blog.  I ran across a link to their travel journal on one of the RV Forums I was reading in Dec. of 2007. I checked it out and we have been dedicated followers since. They began their life on the road in March of 2006.  Today just happens to be their 6th anniversary on the road as fulltimers. Juanita and Gordon’s “little house on wheels” at the time was a Sunny Brook fifth wheel.  Through their journal, we have traveled from the Rio Grand Valley of Texas to Port Orford, Oregon and many points in between. I have gained much insight, knowledge, and entertainment through Juanita and Gordon’s journal. Thanks for your inspiration. 
Gordon, Juanita and Abbey enjoying the great outdoors!

We found out about Howard and Linda’s web site while attending the Atlanta Winter RV Show in 2008. Judy and I were trying to determine what type of RV would best meet our RVing needs. During the course of the show, we had a conversation with a couple about our plans and they asked us if we were familiar with Linda and Howard’s site. I told them  no. The couple said “you must check it out”, so we did.  That was the most valuable information we gained that day at the show!  RV-Dreams is a clearing house for anything RV related. You can read about Howard and Linda’s journey and how it came to be on the site as well as follow their travel journal. Think of the phrase, “the total package”. Judy and I met them  in Dec at Gen. Coffee State Park in Douglas, GA. That was our first outing with our “Cardinal”. You will not meet a more delightful couple. You can read about the outing in their journal entry by clicking “here” and " here". Linda and Howard, thanks for all you do for the entire RV community. 

Howard and Linda on departure day - Gen Coffee State Park
A Birthday Celebration for Linda - Gen. Coffee State Park !


We met with Joe and Nancy during one of their stop-overs near our home. I sent them  an email and asked if we could stop by for a short visit. They were so helpful, answering our many questions about full-time RVing. Joe and Nancy have stopped by since and we get together for a little visit. They travel now from  May – Oct. and spend the rest of the year in New Port Richie, FL. Judy and I keep up with them  through their blog.  Nancy and Joe, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Peter
I met Peter this past Nov. after he contacted me via email.  He is a reader of the Workamper forums and saw a post that included my home town in the signature. He lives nearby so we set up a coffee meeting. We now try to meet at least weekly. Peter has shared his many workamping experiences with me. He will be reporting along with his wife in a couple of weeks to a “Dude Ranch” in NC. They will be there until Oct. or so. Thanks for the camaraderie and advice.
Peter striking a pose at the "Huddle House"!



Welcome to new followers; Sherry and Charlie  , Keith and Brenda, and Mark

Thanks for stopping by.
Next Blog: Tue.

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading about you on Howard & Linda's journal. Cool :)

    Glad things are going well. Isn't it nice to have so many RV friends out there. Always eager to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim & Judy, I have to say I didn't think I was that much help. You and Judy are very nice and we are glad when we can get together. I hope the fulltiming adventure is more than you expect it to be.

    ReplyDelete