Saturday, August 11, 2012

Slowly Winding Down

It is Saturday evening and there is not much going on in the park. Only one site was occupied from last Sunday until Friday.  I think only about one fourth of the sites have campers. A few of the school systems have started back and that probably affects the number of campers.

On Friday a nice couple dropped by the park to check it out.  After touring the park they stopped by the office and visited with us for a little while. Don and Connie informed us that they had spent about five years full-timing. They came off the road to assist with a family health issue. Both of them said they loved full-timing and hope they would have the opportunity to get back on the road.  It was nice hearing about some of their workamper experiences. They worked at a few Jelly Stone parks; one was located just a few miles from where we lived after I retired from the Navy.  It was the park located in Natural Bridge, VA.  They also liked working in Montana. They are going to be coming to the park Monday to stay a few days so we will get to visit with them some more. If they aren’t camera shy, I’ll try to get a pic for the blog.

After we complete this week on Tue. we will only have one more week to work at the park. Time has really passed quickly.  I think the week on and week off worked well. We will start our next job in early Oct. Judy and I are looking forward to only 24 hrs a week at the state park.

I know this is a short entry but I have to go back to the office at 9:00 PM to finish the last hour in the office until I close the gate at 10:00 PM.  If I have any breaking news I’ll put in an update.

Thanks for stopping by.
Next blog: Wed evening

No comments:

Post a Comment