Friday, August 17, 2012

Random Thoughts

Our time at the park is down to only one more week. We are using our week at home to get ready for our future travel to Florida. We will have about a month between our current job and the next one in Chiefland, Fl. With only about a month between jobs, Judy and I will be busy. We will be flying out to visit our son during one of those weeks.

Judy has been going through her kitchen cabinets deciding which pots and pans she will be putting on the RV. We hope we can get most of the things we will need on the RV while we are at Blanton Creek Park because once we leave we will be putting it back into storage until we go to Fl.

Wed. Judy had an emergency appointment with her hair stylist.  Judy has not been happy with her last hair style. I did my part, each time she asked me what I thought about her new doo, I said, “it looks good to me”.  When I stopped by to pick her up I ran into my realtor. He told me that one of the houses on my street had just sold for $292,000.00.  I already knew that it had sold but did not know the selling price. The house was purchased in 2009 for $425,000.00.  This reinforces Judy’s and my decision to take our house off the market as we are not ready to “give our house away”.  We will simply pay the house off.  In the event of a medical situation or some other calamity we will have a house to go to. 

When Judy and I picked up our mail at the Post Office  I had a jury duty summons. I am to report the day before we leave to Portland.  I will be checking on this matter today. I hope I can get a deferment since I have already purchased my airline tickets. I’ll let you know how that goes.

UPDATE:  went to see the court clerk Friday and explained my travel plans. I had a copy of my airline tickets, but she didn't look at them. She took my summons and told me she would remove my name from the list. I did not expect it to be that easy, but I was glad.

That’s all for now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Next Blog: Sunday

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for taking your house off the market. That's crazy! Half the value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This economy has played havoc on many retirees' plans. Judy and I will continue to adjust our RV plans as required. I sure hope Nov. will bring some change to the economic conditions because another four years of this will be a disaster.

      Delete
  2. You are the second fulltimer I've heard about lately with jury duty. Doesn't fit into the plans, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to see the court clerk Friday and explained my travel plans. I had a copy of my airline tickets, but she didn't look at them. She took my summons and told me she would remove my name from the list. I did not expect it to be that easy, but I was glad.

      Delete