Saturday, May 26, 2012

We all do Dumb Things!

I made a very dumb decision Thur.  It was so dumb I probably shouldn't even mention it.  I think I read or heard somewhere that confession is good for the soul. I will see.  I may have to go out and buy one of "The Chicken Soup for the ....." books my middle school students read during my teaching career. You can learn a lot from middle school students but that is a topic for another day.


Even though Judy and I are committed to our present workamper position until Labor Day we are already looking for a winter position.  Until we make a decision about our unsold house we are mostly concentrating on the SE states.  Florida is our main focus.  We don't care if it is a paid position or a volunteer position. I have been checking the Workamper "hotline" postings and other employer posting at Workamper.com. A friend of ours suggested that we work for one of the Christmas Tree vendors in FL.  He indicated we could earn about $3-4K for about a months work.  I also took the time to register with the FL State Parks System. From what I have heard and read it is extremely hard to break into the FL state park line-up.


Thursday after I dropped Judy off for her salon visit I got a call from one of  FL State Park vol coordinators. She told me she had looked at my application and resume and had a position available for Oct or Nov for four months.  After going over the job requirements and work schedule I thought to myself, this is great.  Only had to work 20hrs, 3 days on 3 days off  for a position at a state park right on the beach. A "NO Brainer" right?  No I blew it.  I was concerned that there were no sewer hook-ups. I was thinking I would have to move the RV every week or so to dump.  I turned the position down. DUMB, DUMB, DUMP!  A portable blue tank would have taken care of the problem.  That is a mistake I will not make again.  To make it worse I have since talked to a workamper forum member who confirmed the lack of a sewer connection would not have been a big deal. He is there now and said it is a great park - nothing like kicking someone when they are down! :). Oh well life goes on.


Thanks for stopping by.
Next Post: Wed (due to holiday)

2 comments:

  1. Boy that is a tuff break to hear. Don't beat your self up like you said life goes on. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenny and Angela,
      Thanks for your kind words. Your count down continues.

      Delete