Sunday, June 24, 2012

Relaxing Weekend

The weekend has been filled with relaxation, socialization and I even had time to salvage a runaway jet ski. The one thing that was not included in our weekend was productive work. Oh, we did the usual house cleaning, you never know when unexpected guest will drop in.

Saturday was beautiful weather wise and I took advantage of it to get in a couple of hours of lake activity.  Since I am an early riser, Judy didn't even know I had gone fishing.  I sat out on the screened porch from 6:15 until 6:45 AM enjoying a freshly brewed cup of coffee from my Keurig coffee machine.  The sights and sounds of the lake is so relaxing.

After my cup of coffee I put my bass boat in the water and did some bass fishing.  I mostly fish near my house since it is a great area for fishing.  Before going back to the house I took the boat on a half hour ride just to exercise it.  Once I returned home, I saw this.

This is my weekender neighbors pontoon.  He frequently lets friends and relatives use the house for weekend getaways.  No one uses my boats.  I don't have any idea why they didn't tie up at the boat dock.  After securing my boat to my dock I went up to the house, but not before I took a pic with my phone camera..  I told Judy and she took a look.  I knew it would be quite a show when the people wanted to take the pontoon out.  It is resting on a concrete  ramp.  I text the pic to my neighbor and it wasn't long before he called. Is that my pontoon he asked.  I explained the situation and he said he would take care of it.

Judy and I received a " do ya'll want to go to Applebees" call from my sister about four.  We said yes and had a great time talking over dinner. I even ran into one of my teacher friends and his family there.  They were celebrating his mother-in- law's 88th birthday.

We got home just before dusk.  I took my boat out for a little more fishing.  I noticed that the guest next door were gone on the pontoon.  I also saw their jet ski was to low on the lift and the water was rising.  Lake Sinclair is a hydroelectric generation lake, meaning the water is "pulled and pushed' to generate electricity.  The water depth fluctuates about a foot and a half to two feet.  I went on and fished in the cove for about 45 min.  I noticed that the jet ski had drifted about 200 yards from my neighbors dock.  I did the neighborly thing and towed it back to my dock and tied it off until they returned just after dark.


Sunday has been a slow relaxing day for us.  Judy thought it would be a good day to use one of the food gift cards she received when she retired.  I couldn't say no to that.  We loaded up into the car and drove to the "Outback" in Macon.  It was good.

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.  Did I catch any bass?  I always "catch & release" bass.

Next Blog: Wed PM

No comments:

Post a Comment