Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Getting back on the Road

Portland, Oregon

The Meandering Maddox's got back on the road Monday after a short stop at Roxy’s Cafe, for one last breakfast. We headed west on US HWY 26 to Portland. I dropped the Cardinal off at Johnson RV Super Center in Sandy, OR to have some repairs enroute. The front cargo door is being replaced and painted, one of the cons to having a full body paint scheme. While there, I discussed having some additional paint damage repaired. I reasoned that since I was at a facility that was capable  of performing the work, I should take advantage of it. So, my initial estimate of $700.00 jumped to $2000.00. Ouch.

Back on the Road       Leaving Pelton Park 1014

Judy and I are staying with our son in Portland until the fiver is ready. I think we will be able to pick up the RV on Wed or Thurs. Once we leave here we will head down to Crescent City, Ca. via the Oregon Coast. We will most likely have a stop or two.

After leaving the land of the California Redwoods Judy and I will meander down the Ca. coast to southern Ca. I will firm up the stops along the way once we head south. Judy and I will winter in the Apache Junction area of AZ.

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting the work done while you can. Too bad I'm going to miss you guys on your trip through the area :(

    ReplyDelete