Saturday, June 1, 2013

Down to the Last Week

Yes, we are down to our last week as "home owners".  Seems like this has been a very long journey, from conception to execution of the "full-time" plan.

Judy and I have been busy doing all the things that have to be completed before our closing date of Friday June 7th.  We have a few items to pass along to family members.  One of our nieces will be getting married soon so a lot of things are going to her.  Her mom will be picking up our china for her Sat. 
Getting stuff ready for a Dump run:

The main focus now is mostly going through the house and doing move-out cleaning.  I will be putting the finishing touches on the dock and boathouse. I am sure there will be at least one more dump run to make.  We mailed four boxes of framed pictures that our son wanted.  I think we have only 7 boxes of stuff that will be stored by Judy's sister and brother for us. My sister has agreed to keep my Navy retirement "shadow box".  So we are just about done.

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Next Blog: Fri or Sat after closing

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting there.

    I remember well how hard that last week was. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago we experienced what you are doing; it was both an exhilirating and emotionally exhausting time. Sounds like yougave a good handle on things and that you will be on the road in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent way of telling, and fastidious piece of writing to obtain information on the topic
    of my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in university.


    Here is my web page :: trips

    ReplyDelete