Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ice Cream, Car Show, and Rollers & Sliders

Today was packed full of activities. The weather was wonderful.  Judy and I worked on our “getting ready to leave “ list this morning.  I even washed her CRV.  I also double checked the truck and Cardinal tire pressures with my Pressure Pro system. I drove to the Murphy Gas station near Wall Mart and topped off with diesel.

After 1:00PM we joined Dee and Jim at the park car show. There were 119 entries this year, up from 85 last year. One of the entries was a 1967 Ford Fairlane 390GT like I had when I was in high school. Looking back that was a lot of HP in the hands of a seventeen year old.

b145 car 2     b145 car 3

                                                           Best in Show – 1957 Chevy

b145 car4    b145 car best in show 2

After looking at the cars we all went to the clubhouse for ice cream and some social interaction.

B145 Ice cream social

At 4:00PM Jim and I fired our grills up to grill burgers, hotdogs, and some Johnsonville Brats. Judy and Dee served up some shrimp dip, baked beans, potato salad, Watergate salad, chips and assorted beverages. Our mutual friends Jon and Kathleen also joined us. We had a great time eating and talking.

They look ready to eat!

b145 cook out

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

Next Blog: Tue (maybe)

Leaving for Jacksonville, FL. Wed AM

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the weather was nice too, warm and sunny!

    ReplyDelete