Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Judy’s Tornado Preps

Monday evening much of the area was under a tornado watch and a severe thunderstorm warning.  Judy and I followed the approaching weather on  my phone and local TV stations’ Doppler radar. I could see that the majority of the foul weather would pass north of us.  That is not to say we would not be affected at all though. The first element to reach us was a darkening of clouds and stronger winds. It wasn’t long before the lightening, thunder and rain arrived. Judy and I both were in the camper registration, a sturdy concrete block building. Judy does not handle thunder and lightening well at all. As a strong gust of wind blew Judy said she saw something get blown into the air at the dump station across the park road. I did not see it but figured it must have been the trash can lid. I did locate it after the storm had passed under our RV. Luckily it did not strike the unit. Judy was asking me where I was going to get if things really got bad.  I told her I was going to get under the table.  She told me she was going to get under a chair!  To make sure she would be prepared she flipped over one of the recliners so she would be ready.  We did not have to execute our emergency plans, thankfully.

Judy’s severe weather action plan!

17 judy's safe haven

The weather at the park over the weekend was great. There were twenty seven RV sites rented. The temps were in the high seventies signaling the arrival of spring. I really enjoyed seeing campers having a good time at the park.

The end of a great camping weekend – No one seemed to mind waiting 

16 Dump line 31613

Today, Tuesday is our Friday so our shift will be over today at five or six. We will make sure we get everything tidied up for ED and Char. With a little luck we should make it back to Mil’ville before dark. I want to check for weather damage from last night’s storm. We heard on the news that winds had reached 70+ in our area.

That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment