Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Leaving the Nest

It has been about two weeks since I posted a new entry, not much has been happening at the park.  Judy and I have continued to be very busy.  The temps have been close to ninety for the last week.  We have been informed that a local couple has been offered a job but it will be at least two or three weeks before they will complete the hiring process.  On a good note, the wildfires near the park are mostly contained.  We still observe helos ferrying water to the fire locations daily.

I noticed yesterday that two baby Ospreys have began their flying training.  I have been seeing them sitting in the nest on a platform near the dam for a couple of months.  I did not actually see them flying but they had to have flown to the pole that I saw them perched on.  The pole is at least 70 yards away from the nest.

From here osprey platform  

                             To Here        osprey 2

Mom kept a close watch

osprey 4       oprey 5

That is all for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

Next blog: in about a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment