Sunday, November 8, 2015

Update: November 8th, 2015

Apache Junction, Az.   H82  L52

I haven’t done an update for the past two weeks because Judy and I have not been up to much.  The final phase of the house construction is in full swing now and we go over to checkout progress daily.

We were notified that our closing/take possession date is the day before Thanksgiving. Judy and I have found the financial process to be much more cumbersome than past home purchases. This is a result of the new regulations since the downturn of 08.

I have played in two Shuffleboard tournaments over the past two weeks.  The first one was the Pre-Western tournament which is a warm-up for the Western Shuffleboard Association tournament the next week.  The Pre-Western is an individual, double elimination based tournament. The Western is a 16 player team based tournament. This is largest shuffleboard tournament in the country. The tournament was hosted by CalAm Resorts. Out of the 400 participates only four won all of there matches over the six day event. I was not one of them.

Pre Tournament Meeting

Western 1      Western 2

Western Tournament Banquet  Western3

 

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. It's great hearing from you and what you've been up to. We're all settled and into the routine at Adelaide. I'm not even interested in shuffle board this year since I'm crocheting most of the time. We play cards 3 times a week with the gang and they say hi and good luck with your new house. I hope you win on the next tournament.

    ReplyDelete