Saturday, January 31, 2015

Update: Jan. 31, 2015

This week has been filled mostly with our park routine.  The weather has been the subject of many conversations because of the upcoming Super Bowl game scheduled for Sunday.  The sunny skies of the desert southwest were replaced by clouds Thursday evening through most of today (Sat.).  Rain for the past two days resulted in most of the pre-game festivities being more than a little soggy.  Game day is going to be sunny and warm.

AJ rainy Day A  Gray Skies will be gone by game time!

Last Sunday, Tony, one of my shipmates dropped by for a visit. Tony worked with me way back in 1983-85 aboard the USS Hermitage LSD34. I last saw Tony in 1990 when he was working at an ASWOC at NAS Sigonella, Sicily when I was on a MAC flight enroute to Naples, Italy. We had a great visit and hope it will not be as long before our next visit.  Back-story, Tony just happened to call me a couple of weeks ago. During our conversation he mentioned that he was in the Phoenix area. He thought Judy and I were in Oregon. He was surprised when I informed him we were in Apache Junction, only a few miles from him! It is a small world.

Margaret and Tony                            Tony(L) back in the day

Tony and Margret A     Tony & Lester

Judy and I will be watching the game tomorrow like many millions of other folks. I hope the game is not a blowout by either team.

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

  1. Military people have a habit of finding each other again, don't they? Tony still has the same beard...just a little whiter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love when friends get together like this! Nice :)

    ReplyDelete